We recently went live at our modern farmhouse in Ladue to discuss a new solar panel system. This powerful system installed by EFS Energy is creating power and sending it back to the utility company before the construction is even complete! This is the first of our custom homes to achieve this milestone. Before our homeowner even moves into their home, they will have built up energy credits that will provide free power for the first couple of months that they move in!
The Solar Panel System
- Silfab X-Series solar panels
- 76 panels total
- All black frames
- Life expectancy: 25 year production warranty
Why Go Solar?
- Reduce Energy Bills: After a few years, this solar system will have paid for itself and will operate completely off of free power generated by the system.
- Safety: When there is a power outage, the solar panel system shuts down to prevent sending energy through damaged lines.
- Stored Power: In the event of a power outage, this solar system can store power via a generator or lithium ion battery. When everyone else is without power, your home will still be operational.
- Track Performance: The consumption meter shows real time usage and production. You can also track the performance of individual solar panels to see which parts of the home are generating more power than others.
- Tax Credit: Right now the current federal tax credit for this solar panel system is 30 percent!
- Protect the Environment: By utilizing the sun as a the source of energy for this home, we reduce our carbon footprint by avoiding the use of harmful greenhouse gases.
The amount of energy produced every year by this system is equal to:
- 1,847 gallons of gasoline consumed
- 17,954 pounds of coal burned
- 671 propane tanks; the amount of carbon sequestered by 3 acres of forests in one year
- 40,221 miles driven by an average passenger vehicle
- 5 passenger vehicles driven for one year
- 82 percent full garbage truck of waste recycled instead of land filled
EFS Energy strives to help its customers achieve energy independence by reducing use and generating clean, renewable energy. Since 2011, EFS Energy has designed and installed over 1.3 Megawatts of solar power and saved its customers thousands of dollars on electric bills.